Contact Kurlbaum Dental today to learn more about our mobile dental services.
Overland Park Dental Crowns
If you have dental damage, the professionals at Kurlbaum Dental may recommend Overland Park dental crowns. A dental crown restores a tooth and its functionality. It’s a cap resembling the tooth’s shape, color, and size that covers the original tooth’s outer surface.
Proudly serving patients throughout Overland Park, KS, and the surrounding areas, Kurlbaum Dental provides world-class general and restorative dental care. Our team understands how your smile influences your appearance, confidence, and quality of life. With proper oral hygiene practices, dental crowns from our team could last up to 15 years.
When Are Dental Crowns Necessary?
Crowns are caps that protect damaged teeth from additional problems. However, they can also act as replacement teeth for a dental implant or support structure for a dental bridge. Kurlbaum Dental may recommend Overland Park dental crowns if you:
- Need protection for a tooth after root canal therapy or a dental fracture
- Have to close gaps in your teeth
- Must restore or protect a deep filling
- Require covering for discolored teeth
Types of Dental Crowns
Patients at Kurlbaum Dental have a choice in dental crown materials. We customize the crowns to fit seamlessly with your natural teeth. However, the material choice will affect the cap’s durability, appearance, and longevity.
The most common dental crown materials include:
- Metal crown: This crown consists of gold and another metal compound like copper or silver for added strength and longevity. Metal dental crowns seldom chip, and high noble metals like gold offer biocompatibility.
- Porcelain crown: This option is the most visually appealing because it closely matches the color and shape of natural teeth.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crown: Metal/porcelain fusion is the best option for a stronger bond than full porcelain crowns. It lasts for years and carries the same visual appeal as porcelain crowns.
- Resin: Composite resin dental crowns are an inexpensive option and resemble natural teeth. However, they wear down quickly without appropriate dental care.
Dental Crown Treatment in Overland Park
When getting a dental crown from Kurlbaum Dental, expect to undergo treatment for your dental issues before receiving a crown. For instance, if you have an extensive cavity that needs protection, our skilled dentists will first clean and fill the hole.
After addressing your underlying dental issues, our dentists may file the tooth down to make room for the cap. Then, the staff will take a mold impression of the tooth so that our dentist can create your custom dental crown. The crown may take a few days to a couple of weeks to arrive, so our team will fit you with a temporary cap to minimize discomfort.
When your dental crown is ready, you will have a second appointment at our dental office. Our team will remove the temporary crown and set the new cap in its place. We will permanently glue the crown after ensuring a perfect fit.
Turn to Kurlbaum Dental for Superior Dental Services
Maintain the function and appearance of your teeth with Overland Park dental crowns from Kurlbaum Dental. Our warm and inviting office provides exceptional dental services with a caring staff and state-of-the-art dental equipment. Call 913-642-4070 today to schedule an appointment.